© 2014 United Nations Environment Programme
The United Nations Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP-WCMC) is the specialist biodiversity assessment arm of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the world’s foremost intergovernmental environmental organization. The Centre has been in operation for over 30 years, combining scientific research with practical policy advice.
Terms and Conditions
Use of this Site is governed by the following terms and conditions:
- The United Nations Environment Programme (“UNEP”) maintains this web site (the "Site") as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site ("Users").
- UNEP grants permission to Users to visit the Site and to download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, "Materials") from the Site for non-commercial use, without any right to resell or redistribute them or to compile or create derivative works there from, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific Materials within this Site.
- No waiver by UNEP of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative.
- The contents of this report do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of UNEP, its contributory organizations or editors or Member States.
- The designations employed and the presentations of material in this report do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of UNEP or contributory organizations, editors or publishers concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city area or its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries or the designation of its name, frontiers or boundaries.
- The mention of a commercial entity or product in this website does not imply any endorsement by UNEP.
- Materials provided on this Site are provided "as is" and UNEP specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials.
- Under no circumstances shall UNEP be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of this Site, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto.
- The use of this Site is at the User's sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to negligence, shall UNEP or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if UNEP has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- As a condition of use of this Site, the User agrees to indemnify UNEP and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of the User's use of this Site, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by the User of these Terms and Conditions. If the User is dissatisfied with any Material on this Site or with any of its Terms and Conditions of Use, the User's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
- This Site may contain links and references to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of UNEP and UNEP is not responsible for, nor does it endorse, any of their content.
Preservation of immunities
- Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the United Nations, which are specifically reserved.
- UNEP reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect. UNEP shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
- UNEP reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.